Version 8.2 of Camera Raw (for Photoshop CS6 and CC) and the DNG convertor contain the following enhancements and bug fixes (from the release notes).
New Features in Camera Raw 8.2:
- The Histogram is now interactive. This enables the ability to click and drag on the Histogram to adjust the Blacks, Shadows, Exposure, Highlights, and Whites sliders.
- A Color Smoothness adjustment slider has been added to the Detail Panel. This helps to reduce low-frequency color mottling artifacts.
- Added new “rectangle mode” to white balance eyedropper tool. Click-and-drag with the eyedropper tool to define a rectangular pixel area. Upon releasing mouse, Camera Raw will use all the pixels within the marked rectangle to set the global White Balance.
- Workflow presets are now available and can be selected by context-clicking the workflow link.
- Presets have been added to the Save dialog box.
- Auto Exposure has been improved to be more consistent across images and across different image sizes.
- Refinements to the Spot Healing Tool:
- New Feather control
- Auto find source method now works better for images with textured areas like rocks, bark, and foliage
- Auto find source method now prefers source areas within the crop rectangle
- Refinements to the Local Adjustment Brush:
- Move brush adjustments by clicking and dragging on brush adjustment pins
- Right Click (PC) / Control-click (Mac) on a brush adjustment pin to bring up a context menu to duplicate or delete
- Control+Alt+Drag (PC) / Command+Option+Drag (Mac) on a brush adjustment pin to clone (duplicate) that adjustment o Alt+Click (PC) / Option+Click (Mac) on a brush adjustment pin to delete the adjustment
New Camera Support in Camera Raw 8.2
- Canon EOS 70D
- Canon PowerShot G16
- Canon PowerShot S120*
- Casio Exilim EX-ZR800
- Fujifilm FinePix HS22EXR
- Fujifilm FinePix HS35EXR
- Fujifilm FinePix S205EXR
- Fujifilm X-M1
- Leica C (Typ 112)
- Olympus E-M1*
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ72
- Pentax Q7
- Pentax K-50
- Pentax K-500
- Sony DSC-RX100 II
- Sony A3000 (ILCE-3000)
- Sony NEX-5T
New Lens Profile Support in Camera Raw 8.2
|Sony E 35mm F1.8 OSS
|Hasselblad LF16mm F2.8
|Hasselblad LF18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS
|Hasselblad LF18-200mm F3.5-6.3 OSS
|GoPro Hero 3 Black Edition
|GoPro Hero 3 Silver Edition
|GoPro Hero 3 White Edition
|Leica TRI-ELMAR-M 16-18-21 mm f/4 ASPH.
|SIGMA 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM A013
|Canon, Nikon, Sigma
|SIGMA 120-300mm F2.8 DG OS HSM S013
|SIGMA 30mm F1.4 DC HSM A013
|SIGMA 60mm F2.8 DN A013
|SIGMA 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC MACRO OS HSM C013
|SIGMA 35mm F1.4 DG HSM A012
|Nikon 1 NIKKOR 32mm f/1.2
Bugs Corrected in Camera Raw 8.2
- JPEG decoding produced a red color cast.
- Bridge always recomputed cropped image thumbnails when lens profile corrections are enabled rather than when necessary.
- Feathering for healing brush operations were not the same strength as feathering for circular spot removals.
- When selecting and adjusting multiple images, the Crop adjustment was not applied to the most selected image.
- Local adjustment brush pin were not redrawing properly after moving from one location to another.
- When using Camera Raw as a Filter in Photoshop CC, pressing the “Cancel” button on a Smart Object would rest the Smart Object to default settings.
- There was no visual for the Heads-Up Display when control-dragging to resize a healing brush. This only occurred when the “Show Overlay” option is turned off.
Installation instructionsYou install the Camera Raw 8.2 update using the Update Mechanism found in Photoshop CC and Photoshop CS6.
DNG converter 8.2 can be downloaded from the adobe website: Windows | Mac