Version 2.4.0 is a “full” release, meaning you can use it to either update an existing installation or as a fresh install.
Windows and Mac OS X
- Support for RAW images captured with the Nikon 1 J3 and Nikon 1 S1 has been added.
- The following modifications have been made to White Balance in the Camera Settings portion of the Develop section in the Edit List palette.
- Underwater can now be selected from New WB. However, Underwater can only be selected for RAW images captured with a camera that supports Underwater white balance.
- Resulting colors have been corrected when Flash was selected from New WB for RAW images captured with the Nikon 1 V2.
- An issue that, in some rare cases, prevented display of some JPEG images has been resolved.
- Compatibility with 64- and 32-bit Windows 8, Windows 8 Pro, and Windows 8 Enterprise has been added. Proper operation has been confirmed with use in desktop mode. Touch screen operations are not supported.
- Support for high-resolution display on Macintosh computers with a built-in Retina display has been added. However, this applies only to image display in the image window.
You can download the new version from the Nikon support sites: EU/USA (notice that, as seems to have become the norm for them, the USA site doesn't appear to be as accurate in their description of the update as the European site…)