The new D5 boasts two things, previously unheard of: an all new 153 points AF system (their last top models had “only” 51 points) able to autofocus in almost absolute dark (-4 EV) and on top of that, the camera has a new record high ISO of 3,280,000. This latter is probably only usable for small prints, but at 102,400 the images are supposedly still quite clean and usable.
Suggested retail price: € 7109 (NL, inc. 21% VAT), $6500 (US, ex VAT)
Availability: March 2016
Some more specifications:
- Sensor: 20.8 Megapixels.
- ISO: 100 – 102,400, extendable from 50 tot 3,280,000 ISO equivalent.
- Frame rate: 12 fps with AF/AE, 14fps with Mirror Up (no AF/AE).
- Buffer: 200 14-bit lossless compressed RAW images.
- AF: 153 sensor points (of which 99 are cross sensors!).
- Video: 4K UHD, 25/30 fps.
- Monitor: High res 2350kdots with touchscreen.
- Storage: Double XQD 2.0 slot (I love XQD in my own D4: they're incredible fast).