The updates provide additional camera raw support, lens profile support and address bugs that were introduced in previous releases of Lightroom.
For the full set of new features, you need to have the CC subscription version of Lightroom, but bug fixes, tethered capture, new camera and lens support updates are available in both Lightroom 6 and Lightroom CC.
From the release notes:
New features in Lightroom CC on the desktop
- Many outdoor scenes have some amount of haze due to atmospheric conditions. Dehaze is a new feature for removing/adding haze and fog from pictures.
- The user can control how much haze to remove by adjusting a new slider in the Effects panel in the Dehaze section. This feature can also be used in the other direction to increase the amount of haze.
- Recommended Workflow – Adjust the white balance of the image before applying the Dehaze control.
- Local White and Black Adjustment Sliders
- Available with all 3 local adjustment tools: Gradient Filter, Radial Filter and Local adjustment brush
- Useful for fine-tuning tonality near the brightest and darkest parts of the picture. For instance, they can be used to increase the contrast of highlights.
- Recommended Workflow – Make your global adjustments first and then use the local adjustments to fine tune. Use the clip warning indicator to help avoid clipping highlights and shadows.
Lightroom on iOS:
- Video support: You can now import, and sync your iPhone and iPad created videos from Lightroom on iOS to the web and desktop.
- More adjustment tools
- Adjust the Color channel and B&W mix
- Tone Curve
New Camera Support
- Fujifilm X-T10
- Nikon 1 J5
- Nikon D810A
- Panasonic DMC-G7
- Pentax K-S2
- Pentax K3 II*
Tethered Capture Support:
- Canon EOS 70D
New Lens Profile Support
|Canon||Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM|
|Canon||Canon EF 400mm f/4 DO IS II USM|
|Canon||Tokina AT-X 11-20mm f/2.8 PRO DX|
|DJI||PHANTOM 3 FC300S (RAW + JPEG)|
|DJI||PHANTOM 3 FC300X (RAW + JPEG)|
|Leica||Voigtlander VM 15mm f4.5 Super Wide Heliar III Aspherical|
|Nikon||Nikon 1 NIKKOR VR 10-100mm f/4-5.6|
|Nikon||Nikon 1 NIKKOR VR PD-Zoom 10-100mm f/4.5-5.6|
|Nikon||Nikon AF NIKKOR 85mm f/1.4D IF|
|Nikon||Tokina AT-X 11-20mm f/2.8 PRO DX|
|Pentax||HD PENTAX-DA 18-50mm f/4-5.6 DC WR RE|
|Pentax||HD PENTAX-DA L 18-50mm f/4-5.6 DC WR RE|
|Pentax||HD PENTAX-D FA 150-450mm f/4.5-5.6ED DC AW|
|Sony Alpha||Sony 16-35mm f/2.8 ZA SSM II|
|Sony Alpha||Sony 24-70mm f/2.8 ZA SSM II|
|Sony Alpha||Sony 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 G SSM II|
- Local adjustment brush did not properly use the pressure sensitivity information from a Wacom tablet (Windows)
- Develop adjustments are lost after Edit In while auto-write XMP is turned on
- Entering name with trailing space while face tagging changes case of keyword
- Keyword hierarchies are not displayed when naming face regions
- Keywords get erroneously renamed when using hierarchical keywords in face tagging
- Keyboard shortcuts for Merge don’t work in German or French
- Improved quality of display color management on some widegamut displays when Use Graphics Processor is enabled
- Card reader not automatically found (Windows Autoplay registry issue)
- Crash when Android device is mounted (Windows)
- Closing the crop tool or cycling Full Screen modes with Lights Out mode makes entire screen go black
- Cannot enter negative values in Develop in some languages
- Mouse wheel changes brush size and scrolls image
- Import from Photoshop Elements now allows you to include People keywords.
- Reduced “color blur” artifacts when processing Fujifilm XTrans raw images – In collaboration with Fujifilm, we are still investigating methods to improve fine detail rendering and overall edge definition
- If a Person keyword was NOT marked as “Include on Export”, it is still nevertheless included on export unless “Remove Person Info” is selected. Please note that this only occurred for People keywords.
- The “Remove Chromatic Aberration” checkbox is now enabled by default for all Fujifilm cameras.
- HDR and Pano Merge: Cleared in-camera crop before merging rather than destructively applying it prior to merging.
- Pano Merge: Fixed a Pano blending issue specific to Leica M9.
- Fixed a bug with Panasonic LX100 – extended ISO 100 was too bright and Magenta Highlights have been fixed.
- Fixed a bug with Nikon Coolpix P7800 NRW raw files that showed only Matrix as camera profile.
- Fixed crash when reading some JPEG images
- When enabling “Before/After” preview in the Develop module, the screen flickered before showing the Before preview. This only occurred when GPU was enabled
- Lightroom starts slowly, any attempt to do something results in the blue spinning-wheel and “Not Responding” when connect to LAN without LAN/internet connection
- If a catalog is too large, the zipped backup can’t be unzipped
- Export creates erroneous Invalid Constraint Size Error