Camera Raw 9.1 is available for both Photoshop 6 and Photoshop CC (the latter is required for the new features). Camera Raw 9.1 has additional camera raw support, lens profile support and addresses bugs that were introduced in previous releases.
New features in Camera Raw 9.1 with Photoshop CC
- Many outdoor scenes have some amount of haze due to atmospheric conditions. Dehaze is a new feature for removing/adding haze and fog from pictures.
- The user can control how much haze to remove by adjusting a new slider in the Effects panel in the Dehaze section. This feature can also be used in the other direction to increase the amount of haze.
- Recommended Workflow – Adjust the white balance of the image before applying the Dehaze control.
- Local White and Black Adjustment Sliders
- Available with all 3 local adjustment tools: Gradient Filter, Radial Filter and Local adjustment brush
- Useful for fine-tuning tonality near the brightest and darkest parts of the picture. For instance, they can be used to increase the contrast of highlights.
- Recommended Workflow – Make your global adjustments first and then use the local adjustments to fine tune. Use the clip warning indicator to help avoid clipping highlights and shadows.
New Camera Support
- Fujifilm X-T10
- Nikon 1 J5
- Nikon D810A
- Panasonic DMC-G7
- Pentax K-S2
- Pentax K3 II*
New Lens Profile Support
|Canon||Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM|
|Canon||Canon EF 400mm f/4 DO IS II USM|
|Canon||Tokina AT-X 11-20mm f/2.8 PRO DX|
|DJI||PHANTOM 3 FC300S (RAW + JPEG)|
|DJI||PHANTOM 3 FC300X (RAW + JPEG)|
|Leica||Voigtlander VM 15mm f4.5 Super Wide Heliar III Aspherical|
|Nikon||Nikon 1 NIKKOR VR 10-100mm f/4-5.6|
|Nikon||Nikon 1 NIKKOR VR PD-Zoom 10-100mm f/4.5-5.6|
|Nikon||Nikon AF NIKKOR 85mm f/1.4D IF|
|Nikon||Tokina AT-X 11-20mm f/2.8 PRO DX|
|Pentax||HD PENTAX-DA 18-50mm f/4-5.6 DC WR RE|
|Pentax||HD PENTAX-DA L 18-50mm f/4-5.6 DC WR RE|
|Pentax||HD PENTAX-D FA 150-450mm f/4.5-5.6ED DC AW|
|Sony Alpha||Sony 16-35mm f/2.8 ZA SSM II|
|Sony Alpha||Sony 24-70mm f/2.8 ZA SSM II|
|Sony Alpha||Sony 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 G SSM II|
- Reduced “color blur” artifacts when processing Fujifilm X-Trans raw images. In collaboration with Fujifilm, we are still investigating methods to improve fine detail rendering and overall edge definition.
- The “Remove Chromatic Aberration” checkbox is now enabled by default for all Fujifilm cameras.
- Fixed crash when reading some JPEG images.
- Fixed bug where Camera Raw Filter would incorrectly show a soft-proofed image.
- Improved quality of display color management on some wide-gamut displays when GPU acceleration is enabled.
- HDR and Pano Merge: Cleared in-camera crop before merging rather than destructively applying it prior to merging.
- Pano Merge: Fixed a Pano blending issue specific to Leica M9.
- Fixed a bug with Panasonic LX100 – extended ISO 100 was too bright and Magenta Highlights have been fixed.
- Fixed a bug with Nikon Coolpix P7800 NRW raw files that showed only Matrix as camera profile.