For the new camera's the software does offer some great improvements though. Designed and developed from the ground up, the new Digital Photo Professional 4.0 is much faster as it fully utilises the 64-bit architecture of the host system.
You can download DPP 4.0 (for free) from Canon Europe's support site. Select your camera - EOS-1D X, EOS-1D C, EOS 5D Mark III or EOS 6D – and select DPP 4.0 from the software options to download.
Please note that DPP 4.0 will be compatible only with 64-bit versions of Windows 7, 8, and 8.1 as well as Mac OS X 10.8 and 10.9.
New key features
- Faster, real-time adjustments.
- Improved RAW file workflow.
- Better, more approachable user interfaces.
- Compatible with 64-bit native environments.
- Colour adjustments for specific colour gamuts.
- Improved highlight recovery provides expanded tonality.
- Improved shadow recovery function.
- Support for movie playback.
- Auto Lighting Optimizer can be applied to JPEG images.
- Better integration with EOS Utility.