Additional cameras supported by these releases
- Canon PowerShot G1 X Mark II
- Fujifilm FinePix S1
- Nikon 1 J4
- Nikon 1 S2
- Nikon 1 V3
- Olympus OM-D E-M10
- Panasonic DMC-GH4
- Pentax 645Z
- Samsung NX3000
- Sony DSC-RX100 III
- Sony A7S (ILCE-7S)
- Sony Alpha SLT-A77 II (ILCA-77M2)
Additional lens profiles in these releases
|Canon||Sigma 50m F1.4 DG HSM A014|
|Canon||Sigma 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 DC MACRO OS HSM C014|
|Canon||Tamron 16-300mm F3.5-6.3 Dill VC PZD MACRO B0163|
|Fujifilm||Fujifilm Tele Conversion Lens TCL-X100|
|Nikon||Nikon 1 NIKKOR VR 10-30mm f3.5-5.6 PD-ZOOM|
|Nikon||Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-300mm f/3.5-6.3G ED VR|
|Nikon||Sigma 50mm F1.4 DG HSM A014|
|Nikon||Sigma 18-200 F3.5-6.3 DC MACRO OS HSM C014|
|Nikon||Tamron 16-300mm F3.5-6.3 Dill VC PZD MACRO B016N|
|Nikon||Tamron SP 150-600mm F5-6.3 Di VC USD A011N|
|Pentax||Sigma 30mm F.14 DC HSM A013|
|Sigma||Sigma 50mm F1.4 DG HSM A014|
|Sigma||Sigma 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 DC MACRO OS HSM C014|
|Sony Alpha||Sigma 30mm F1.4 DC HSM A013|
|Sony Alpha||Sony Alpha 28-75mm F2.8 SAM|
Additional functionality in Adobe Camera Raw 8.5Note: though Lightroom 5.5 uses ACR as its base, it is the policy of Adobe not to introduce new functionality into “dot releases”. For Photoshop CS6, which can also be updated to use ACR 8,5. none of the new functionality was ever made available so below functionality is only available in Photoshop CC or CC 2014!
- Modify Graduated and Radial Filter masks with a brush:
After adding or selecting a Graduated or Radial Filter instance, click the new ‘Brush’ mode (next to existing ‘New’ and ‘Edit’ mode buttons) to reveal brush controls that allow you to modify the selected mask.
Use the ‘Brush +’ and ‘Brush -’ icon buttons in the brush controls pane to add to or erase from the selected mask.
Press the ‘Clear’ button to remove all brush modifications from the currently selected mask.
When a Graduated or Radial Filter instance is selected, Shift-K can be used to enter and leave brush modification mode.
Mask visualization is now available for the Graduated and Radial Filters. Use the Mask checkbox at the bottom of the Local Corrections pane or press ‘Y’ to toggle the mask overlay.
- Added Per-Panel Preview default toggle button
If the current panel’s settings are not the ACR defaults, clicking the new Per-panel Toggle Button will reset the panel to the ACR defaults.
Clicking the button again will restore the previous settings.
This is a standalone feature, separate from the new Preview controls.
The changes are applied to the main view; if you have both the Before and After panes visible, changes will appear in the After panel.
Bug fixes in Adobe Camera Raw 8.5 & Lightroom 5.5
- Fixed issue with Fujifilm X-T1 raw images appearing too bright at high ISO settings when using Dynamic Range 200% and 400%. Unfortunately, this fix may affect the appearance of existing images captured with this combination of settings. It is recommended that you (1) purge the Camera Raw cache via the Camera Raw Preferences dialog, and (2) review images shot at ISO settings higher than 1600 for unexpected brightness changes.
- Fixed image quality issue (noisy result) when applying spot healing to floating-point (HDR) images.
- Yes! This is the bug I reported recently and it is fixed already! Fixed issue with reading lossless compressed Nikon raw files (NEF files) from the camera models listed below. Previously, some images could be read but would appear as random noise, whereas attempting to open others would result in an error dialog. You will need to purge your Camera Raw cache via the Camera Raw Preferences dialog.
- Nikon D1
- Nikon D1H
- Nikon D1X
- Nikon D2H
- Nikon D2Hs
- Nikon D2X
- Nikon D2Xs
- Nikon D100
- Nikon D200
Additional bug fixes in Lightroom 5.5
- Improved responsiveness in Develop module while Lightroom mobile sync is occurring.
- Custom Develop module default settings were not syncing correctly to Lightroom mobile.
- Initial rendition in Develop would sometimes appear posterized.
- Undo function failed and applied a preset instead.
- Scaling looked inaccurate when scaling to 200% in Windows.
- Manual slideshows sometimes did not advance to the next slide as expected.
- Aspect ratio changed when modifying the crop rectangle and when rotating the crop
- Image flips between portrait and landscape after switching orientation while shooting tethered with Leica S cameras.
Known bug in ACR 8.5 & Lightroom 5.5
- Customers using the Sony RX100 M3 and capturing images at ISO 125 may find the default rendering in ACR and Lightroom too dark. This is a known issue and we are working to improve this in a future update.