Lightroom 5.2 contains the following enhancements and bug fixes.
New Features in Lightroom 5.2
- A Smoothness adjustment slider has been added to the Detail Panel under Color Noise Reduction. This helps to reduce low-frequency color mottling artifacts
- Refinements to the Spot Healing Tool:
- New Feather control
- Auto find source method now works better for images with textured areas like rocks, bark, and foliage
- Auto find source method now prefers source areas within the crop rectangle
- Auto Exposure has been improved to be more consistent across images and across different image sizes.
- Smart Preview size has been updated to 2560 pixels on the long edge.
- Refinements to the Local Adjustment Brush:
- Right Click (PC) / Control-click (Mac) on a brush adjustment pin to bring up a context menu to duplicate or delete
- Control+Alt+Drag (PC) / Command+Option+Drag (Mac) on a brush adjustment pin to clone (duplicate) that adjustment
Newly added support for Tethered Capture in Lightroom 5.2
- Canon EOS 6D
- Canon EOS Rebel T5i / EOS 700D / EOS Kiss X7i
- Canon EOS Rebel SL1 / EOS 100D / EOS Kiss X7
- Nikon D7100
New Camera Support in Lightroom 5.2
- Canon EOS 70D
- Canon PowerShot G16
- Canon PowerShot S120*
- Casio Exilim EX-ZR800
- Fujifilm FinePix HS22EXR
- Fujifilm FinePix HS35EXR
- Fujifilm FinePix S205EXR
- Fujifilm X-A1
- Fujifilm X-M1
- Leica C (Typ 112)
- Olympus OM-D E-M1*
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ72
- Pentax Q7
- Pentax K-50
- Pentax K-500
- Sony DSC-RX100 II
- Sony A3000 (ILCE-3000)
- Sony NEX-5T
New Lens Profile Support in Lightroom 5.2
|Sony||Sony E 35mm F1.8 OSS|
|Hasselblad||Hasselblad LF16mm F2.8|
|Hasselblad||Hasselblad LF18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS|
|Hasselblad||Hasselblad LF18-200mm F3.5-6.3 OSS|
|GoPro||GoPro Hero 3 Black Edition|
|GoPro||GoPro Hero 3 Silver Edition|
|GoPro||GoPro Hero 3 White Edition|
|Leica||Leica TRI-ELMAR-M 16-18-21 mm f/4 ASPH.|
|Canon||SIGMA 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM A013|
|Canon, Nikon, Sigma||SIGMA 120-300mm F2.8 DG OS HSM S013|
|Nikon||SIGMA 30mm F1.4 DC HSM A013|
|Olympus, Sony||SIGMA 60mm F2.8 DN A013|
|Pentax, Sony||SIGMA 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC MACRO OS HSM C013|
|Pentax, Sony||SIGMA 35mm F1.4 DG HSM A012|
|Nikon||Nikon 1 NIKKOR 32mm f/1.2|
Bugs Corrected in Lightroom 5.2
- Output Sharpening and Noise Reduction were not applied to exported images that were resized to less than 1/3 of the original image size.
- Slideshow Exporting process fails for time-lapse sequences.
- Unable to export a Book. This only occurred after a customer deleted a background photo.
- Catalog containing images processed with PV2003 were adding a post-crop vignette when catalog upgraded to Lightroom 5.
- JPEG decoding produced a red colorcast.
- Unable to scroll through photos when in Full screen mode. This only occurs when more than 1 photo is selected.
- “Store presets with this catalog” preference is not preserved when upgrading catalog from previous versions of Lightroom.
- Crash when scrubbing Size slider with existing spot selected.
- Landscape crop not maintained on portrait oriented photos
- Pressing the Reset button while holding the Shift key results in an internal error.
- Crash when attempting to move brush spots.
- Gray area is shown when zooming in/out after cropping image.
- A row of vertical artifacts appears along bottom edge of photo when applying Grain.
- Defringe Color Sampler is inaccurate on photos that have Upright applied.
- All of the images on a Compact Flash card did not appear in the Import Dialogue.
- Metadata panel displayed incorrect information after modifying published photo. Please note that this only occurred when metadata was changed after the photo was published.
- Soundtrack does not fade at the end of a slideshow.
- The Esc key did not exit the slideshow after right clicking screen with mouse during slideshow playing.
- Import dialog remained blank for folders that contain PNG files with XMP sidecars.
InstallationEither use Lightroom's own update mechanism or download directly from Adobe: Windows | Mac.
Software developers can download the Lightroom 5.2 SDK from Adobe as well: SDK