While this makes the creative suite available to new users at what seems to be quite a good price (full suite is available at $49.99/€61.49/£46.88 a month), the new scheme is much more expensive over time, especially for existing users. Sure Adobe gives you a discount as existing user of CS3 and over, but this is only valid the first year and only when you subscribe before 31 July of this year.
There's been a lot of discussion on the internet about this already and many people seem to share the same sentiment that this is an extremely bad move from Adobe… While so far I have bought every update to Photoshop available since I started using it, I don't think I will be subscribing to the Creative Cloud version of the software soon. I will sure be looking at alternatives though (hmm, Aperture is starting to look real good now).
- Full suite (new user): $49.99/€61.49/£46.88
- Full suite (owner of a CS3 – CS5 application, first year only): $29.99/€36.89/£27.34
- Full suite (owner of a CS6 application, first year only): $19.99/€24.59/£17.58
- Single application (new user): $19.99/€24.59/£17.58
- Single application (owner of a CS3 – CS6 application, first year only): $9.99/€12.29/£8.78